Sunday, October 5, 2008

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED!!!

7 THINGS ABOUT ME

1.I Love to eat .Baby showers, weddings or any activities with food I will be there it does not have to be anything fancy as long as I didn’t have to go trough the hard work of preparing and its free but to enjoy it, I will be there..

2. STOP SIGNS!! Oh my gosh this is a very hard for me for some strange reason I don’t always see them even though I try hard to see if there is one coming ah ah but sometimes I try to hard that I stop when I don’t need to and people definitely let me know…HELLO PEOPLE!, this has nothing to do with me this is the way we drive in Puerto Rico there is no such thing as right a ways even for pedestrians. I found out the hard way when I got pulled over for honking my horn and revving my engine at a pedestrian that was taking his sweet old time crossing the street. “You should have saw the look on his face” . (but don’t worry I am now a traffic school graduate of 2008 and now I am an educated driver J)

3. I would have loved to have been a cheerleader. When I was in college I got an offer but I declined I was taking 21 credits and I knew I was not going to have the time. I love the gymnastics part of it and flying in the air and waiting for someone’s mercy to catch me but, I don’t know If I could have ever done this:

all the funny faces and give me a “D” “R” “A” “M” “A”

4. Baby sitting……. Ohh this is a hard one for me I found super hard to leave my kids with someone not knowing their past (yeah I probably will ask for a background check if a have to) plus it is so expensive. I wish I could be a little more flexible with that but I CAN”T it drives Travis crazy. I know I need to do better. If there is any baby sitter out there reading this … this are the requirements but not limited to
a. CPR certified and experience on it with successful results
b. 10years or more experience with kids
c. Sing and dance
d. Criminal background check
e. No texting or talking on the phone while taking care of my kids
f. Cook and I am talking real food
G.5 personal and professional references with phone number and SS#
H. Be ready to call 911 at any time
Just kidding! (but (a) its true)

I know I know Travis hates this oh well…

5. SHORT TEMPER!! uff this is a good one. It’s probably shorter than me. This is something that runs in my family (so its no my fault, DNA). But it doesn’t take me forever to let go. Travis is so patient with me or he just doesn’t understand me because I will tend to talk in Spanish and English at the same time and I can literally expel over a thousand words per minute.

6. Driving Directions N,W,S,E ????? This one is scary I can truly be lost in no time (Travis is the total opposite) I have no sense of direction whatsoever. I always take the longest route possible not because I want to but I guess I must have gotten lost in heaven when they where handing out that ability. Good think I have a husband who was first in line and thanks to GPS technology!!!!!!

7. I Love riding a bike! it is one of my favorites thing to do ever. But I don’t have one! Well I have one but am back in PR. I miss the beach like nothing else I grew up by it.. It was so natural to just go an take walks in the mornings or at night I never though about a place that would not have a beach .Just thinking about the idea that now if I want to go to the beach I need $$$, before it was free, not anymore.. L

9 comments:

Mary-Sunshine said...

I totally agree with the babysitting thing. But, just fyi, I do pass quite a few of the requirements, so when you get here, bring it on!!! I am the same way about food, of course, everyone knows that, adn the temper thing, I am trying to get better at that!! Can't wait for you to get here!

Celeste said...

I can definitely relate to you on some of those Mayte! Especially the N,S,E,W thing. Layn laughs at me because anytime I think we're going straight I think we're going North. Its pretty bad. How are you doing?

This is me... said...

Thanks Mary you are very sweet! You have always been there for me ..thanks again!

diana said...

haha! you crack me up! i was laughing the whole time reading this, i could hear you saying it all in your cute accent!

nicole said...

What a fun post...it was great to be able to learn some new things about you.

I love your blog. I just spent the past little while going through it and reading all your posts. I love the video of Sofi with the bird...so funny! I also loved the pic of Travis and the kids sleeping, your tributes to your children, and the story of how you two met.

Gracias por compartir!

Sarah Williams said...

the stop sign thing is funny. i have fun driving in mexico- its like a game.... try not to get hit and see if you win. gotta love that excitment.

bethiepoos said...

I love this! you are a funny funny girl!! I cant wait till you get over here, its going to be a party everyday! and ps I also pass alot of the regulations for babysitting and I am always willing and happy to have extra friends here (especially cute and squishy ones like jacob!!)

Larsens said...

so good to learn about you!! we miss you guys so much... i totally agree with the whole babysitting thing!!!!! i cant do it! matter of fact we had one the other day and i ended up cancelling because i am way to paranoid! when you come to colorado let us know!!

bethiepoos said...

mayte

you are way too nice!! I am soo excited that you are part of our ward and I ABSOLUTELY love your little babies!! I cant wait to get to know you all better!!

merry christmas

decor

My Music